Here is an update on what we have been learning about in French class.
- We learned about the different animals and sorted them into the three categories: air "air", mer "sea/water", terre "land".
- We learned a new song that talks about animals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVRGuyZJaGo
- We played fun games such as "l'animal musical" and "le jeu de air-mer-terre" to review animal vocabulary
- In addition to the feelings we have discussed, we learned some "avoir" expressions (e.g. j'ai chaud, j'ai froid, j'ai faim, j'ai soif...). Here is a song that talks about those expressions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFAHXJwUGKI
- We reviewed the months and the seasons and figure out which months belong to which season.
- We talked about the summer season (e.g. what the weather is like, what do we eat and what do we do).
- We talked about the different types of animals, where they live (à la maison "at home", à la ferme "at the farm", dans la savane "in the savanna", dans la mer "in the sea"), what they eat (e.g. de la viande "meat", des plantes "plants", du poisson "fish") and their physical characteristics (e.g. des poils "fur", des plumes "feather", des pattes "legs")