Please take a look at what the PYP French classes did this past week!
- We reviewed colors orange, rose, violet and brun. We learned new colors noir, blanc, and gris. Students got to go around the classroom and search for objects that correspond to the three new colors. We passed around the objects with the new colors and practiced saying the colors.
- We sang and danced to a song about Halloween
- We learned a few Halloween vocabulary words. We played games including "Qu'est-ce qu'il manque/What's missing" and "La dernière homme debout/Last Man Standing" to review the Halloween vocabulary words. For the latter, there are five Halloween vocabulary flashcards posted around the classroom, students have to pick one and stand next to it. The teacher randomly picks a flash card - those who are standing next to the one that's called is out. Students are allowed to switch spots throughout the game before the teacher picks a card.The teacher continues to pick until there is only one person left. The last person standing wins. All the students had a lot of fun playing the game!
- We also worked on a color by number pumkin activity
- We reviewed body parts and talked about the five senses and how each body part is connected to the five senses: je vois avec les yeux (la vue), je sens avec le nez (l'odorat), je gôute avec la bouche (le goût), je touche avec les mains (le toucher), and j'entends avec les oreilles (l'ouïe).
- We learned a few Halloween vocabulary words, sang and danced to a song about Halloween and played games including "La dernière homme debout/Last Man Standing" to review the vocabulary words
- Using the vocabulary words, we talked about the five senses of Halloween and worked on a worksheet. For example: Pendant l'Halloween...
- Je vois une sorcière
- Je sens des bonbons
- J'entends une fantôme
- Je goûte des bonbons
- Je touche une citrouille
- We learned Halloween vocabulary words, sang and danced to a song about Halloween, played games to review vocabulary words, and worked on a worksheet/Halloween package
- We worked on a monster activity. We used our whole-class monster activity as a model to create our very own monster. Then, we got to describe our monsters by using color and number agreement (e.g. Voici mon monstre. Il s'appelle Slushie. Il a trois yeux jaunes et une bouche verte). Students got creative and drew some really cool monsters!
- We learned Halloween vocabulary words, sang and danced to a song about Halloween, played games to review the vocabulary words, and worked on a worksheet.